Crackpot with a website wisdom.
Ed. Note: I get questions too you know, thus for my afternoon break I thought I'd answer one. Not everything is in my acclaimed academic best seller, "Ignored Works", thus from time to time, when Fr. Z is in NYC, I need to answer queries from my fan base...
A kindly reader writes:
.
Dear Terry, Do you know why a woman's sexual sin is graver than a man's.
Signed,
Mr. P
.
The Original Deal - my reply:
.
Dear P,
So sorry for the delay, I know you asked this in a previous post. I want you to know, I actually answered your query 'right off the bat' as they say, but I prudently waited a few days to publish my reply to allow some time for the thought to gel, and then return to review what I wrote so as not to be too precipitous in answering every crackpot with a website. LOL! I'm being rather facetious with you! But it is good to avoid posting without thought.
.
So anyway, dear Pablo, may I call you Pablo? To answer your query, "why are women called to greater purity and are bigger sluts than men when they do dirty things?":
.
I'm afraid it all has to do with Adam and Eve and that thing theologians refer to as the "original deal". As you know, Eve, the first woman was created from Adam's rib. Therefore, Eve's body (and by extension all women's bodies) was not really her own. Consequently, a woman has no rights except those permitted her by men. This was what is referred to as the "original deal" - due to the fact Eve's body was taken from the man's body. It's pretty simple.
.
As everyone knows, Eve's sin was the "original deal breaker" - she started it - nevertheless her rebellion never changed the fact her body wasn't her own. Naturally, this is why a woman's sin against the flesh is considered graver than a man's - the woman has no rights over her body since it really belongs to the man. One sees this demonstrated in conception - a woman is impregnated with the man's seed - hence the child, though nourished in the mother's womb, is not her property, but remains the man's property.
.
With this in mind, we know that everything bad is pretty much the woman's fault, but men may be excused for falling for their manipulative, seductive charms.
.
Signed,
.
Terry, Crackpot with a website
.
.
(Except for the original question, I made the rest up.)
